CFL Fantasy Football Player Updates
The latest CFL Fantasy Football Player Updates and news that affect your CFL fantasy football leagues and teams.
August 26th, 2011
- Tigercats WR Maurice Mann is practicing again. Could return for Labour Day.
August 24th, 2011
- Bombers WR Greg Carr is practicing with the first team this week. Has taken the place of Terence Jeffers-Harris.
August, 23, 2011
- Stampeders K Rob Maver has returned to practice.
- Stampeders Wr Arej Franklin and LB Juwan Simpson have returned to practice.
August 10th, 2011
- Riders K Christopher Milo may start if Eddie Johnson can’t go in week 7.
- Lions RB Andrew Harris may replace Jamal Robertson in the starting lineup in attempt to boost running game.
- Argos RB Cory Boyd is probable to return to action in Week 7.
- Riders RB Wes Cates is expect to sit out another week. Hugh Charles and Brandon West would split carries.
- Eskimos WR Andrew Nowacki is probable for week 7 and will start.
- Tigercats WR Aaron Kelly is probable after suffering a concussion.
- Tigercats WR Maurice Mann remains doubtful to play in week 7.
- Stampeders WR Ken-Yon Rambo is questionable to return to the lineup this week.
- Lions WR Arland Bruce should enter the lineup in place of WR Nick Moore this week.
August 8th, 2011
- Eskimos WR Fred Stamps is out 4 to 6 weeks after undergoing abdominal surgery. WR Marcus Henry and WR Jason Barnesget a big boost.
- Stampeders WR Landon Talley (shoulder) out 4 to 6 weeks.
August 3rd, 2011
- Argos RB Cory Boyd is Questionable to return in Week 6. HC Jim Barker says Week 7 is more likely.
- Riders RB Wes Cates is questionable. Has not practiced yet this week. Hugh Charles may get a second straight start.
- Arland Bruce is out for Week 6 with a hamstring injury. Marquay McDaniel and Matt Carter will play in his place.
- Tigercats WR Maurice Mann is doubful to play after suffering a setback in his foot injury.
- Lions WR Nick Moore is expected to join the lineup. Dobson Collins to be scratched.
- Argos QB Cleo Lemon is expected to start in Week 6 with Dalton Bell going back to backup.
- Bombers QB Buck Pierce will start in Week 6 despite his “calf injury”.
- Eskimos RB Jerome Messam is expected to start after the release of Whitlock. Will split carries with Daniel Porter.
- Riders K Luca Congi has resumed light practicing. Still a ways away from returning.
- Argonauts K Noel Prefontaine is questionable. Grant Shaw may handle kicking duties.
- Stampeders Ken-Yon Rambo (Achilles) is questionable to play. Landon Talley may get the start.
July 27th, 2011
- Argos QB Dalton Bell was named the starter for Week 4. Cleo Lemon will dress as his backup.
- Alouettes QB Anthony Calvillo will start in Week 4.
- Tigercats WR Maurice Mann is not OUT for Week 4 vs the Alouettes. Bakari Grant and Aaron Kelly will take his spot.
- Alouettes WR Kerry Watkins returns to the lineup this weekend for the first time this season.
- Eskimos WR Andrew Nowacki will not play this weekend. Chris Bauman and Ray Fisher will take reps.
- Bombers LB Joe Lobendahn is OUT this week. Marcellus Bowman moves to the middle to man his spot.
- Eskimos WR Andrew Nowacki returns to the lineup this week.
- Eskimos WR Adarius Bowman is expected to miss 2 weeks with cracked ribs.
- Eskimos DE Greg Peach is out 6-8 weeks with a knee injury.
- Stampeders QB Drew Tate could return to the lineup in Week 6 after dislocating his shoulder in preseason.
July 25th, 2011
- Anthony Cavillo vision has reportedly cleared up and is likely to start in Week 5.
- WR Maurice Mann is expected to return to the Tigercats llineup in week 5.
- Bombers WR Cory Watson, WR Greg Carr and WR Terrence Edwards did all not practice today.
- Bombers LB Joe Loebendahn did not practice today.
- Argos RB Cory Boyd is not practicing. Questionable to return this weekend.
- Tigercats have signed rookie WR Liam Mahoney
- Alouettes QB Anthony Calvillo is questionable with a possible concussion. Adrian McPherson may start next week.
- Cleo Lemon is questionable for the Argonauts with a jaw/tooth injury. Dalton Bell would start if Lemon can’t go.
- Eskimos WR Adarius Bowman (cracked ribs) looks to be out for a while. Chris Bauman likely to take his place in lineup.
- DE Greg Peach (knee) is likely out for the Eskimos for a while.
- Stampeders LB Juwan Simpson is expected to miss a couple of weeks with a knee injury. Robert McCune will take over at middle linebacker.
July 21sth, 2011
- Bomber Buck Pierce will start at quarterback for the Bombers in Week 4.
- Looks like Eskimos RB Arkee Whitlock will dress vs. Stampeders this weekend. Daniel Porter will likely be a scratch.
- Eskimos DE Julius Williams, who impressed during training camp before being injured, while return this week.
July 20th, 2011
- Stampeders have placed WR Arej Franklin on the 9 game injured reserve list.
- Tigercats say Maurice Mann is out for this weekend due to cut on his foot that is keeping him from running.
- Roughriders release DB Tad Kornegay. Now free to sign with any team.
- Arkee Whitlock practicing fully for the Eskimos. Conditioning and chemistry will dictate his role this week.
- Tigercats WR Arland Bruce will play this week after sitting out last week due to injury.
- BC Lions have signed former Ticat DB Jerome Dennis. Lions also released DB David Hyland.
- Alouettes OL Josh Bourke will not play this week. Jeraill McCuller may take his place in the lineup.
- Alouettes WR Jamel Richardson is practicing with a brace on his left leg. Should return this week.
- Argonauts RB Cory Boyd will not play again this week.
- Tigercats WR Maurice Mann and WR Marquay McDaniel are questionable to play this weekend.
- Bombers QB Buck Pierce says there is no doubt he will play this week.
- Stampeders WR Johnnie Forzani looks to replace WR Arej Franklin who will not play due to injury.
- Tigercats RB Avon Cobourne lookes like he should be able to go in Week 4.
July 19th, 2011
- Tigercats release DB Jerome Dennis and RB Kyle Exume.
- Tigercats WR Arland Bruce and RB Avon Cobourne are practicing. Expected to play.
- WR Maurice Mann and WR Marquay McDaniel are not practicing for the Tigercats. Questionable to play.
- Seampeders WR Arej Franklin is out with broken ribs. Stamps have signed WR Steven Turner.
July 16th, 2011
- RB Arkee Whitlock is in the lineup for the Eskimos tonight
- BC Lions scratch WR Marco Iannuzzi from the game day lineup.
- Eskimos scratch WR Ray Fisher and WR Andrew Nowacki for tonight. Chris Bauman will play.
- Bombers QB Joey Elliott will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL.
- Ticats other scratches this afternoon are OL Mark Dewit, RB Terry Grant, DB Terrence Lee
- Riders other scratches today are OL George Hudson and DL Tearrius George
- Tigercats scratch WR Maurice Mann from this afternoons game vs Riders. According to Drew Edwards at the Scratching Post, Mann cut his foot in practice on Thursday. Chris Williams will take his place.
- Riders leave WR James Robinson off 42 man game day roster. RB Brandon West will also not dress.
- Tigercats WR Marquay McDaniel and WR Bakari Grant will be added to the roster for the Ticats for todays game.
- WR James Robinson and WR Patrick Brown will be activated for the Riders vs. Tigercats
- Tigercats WR Arland Bruce is definately out for Week 3 game vs the Roughriders.
July 15th, 2011
- WR James Robinson and WR Patrick Brown could play for the Riders this week
- Riders DB James Patrick looks like he will sit out another week vs the Tigercats
- Tigercats have placed WR Arland Bruce on 1 game injured list. Will not play Saturday vs Riders.
July 14th, 2011
- Tigercats WR Arland Bruce returned to practice today and should play against the Riders.
- Riders WR Chris Getzlaf is probable to play on Saturday.
- Riders DB James Patrick is questionable for this weekends game vs Hamilton.
- Eskimos RB Calvin McCarty is back at practice today and is probable for Week 3. Will split carries with Jerome Messam.
- Argonauts LB E.J. Kuale could play a big role if Kevin Eiben is slowed by injury.
July 13th, 2011
- WR Prechae Rodriguez will dress for the Alouettes Friday because of the Richardson injury.
- Alouettes Jamel Richardson (quad) will is Out for Week 3 vs the Argos. Eric Deslaurier will start in his place.
- Reports emerging that Alouettes WR Jamel Richardson (knee) may miss Week 3. Was on crutches and underwent MRI.
- Argos LB Kevin Eiben (pulled calf) and CB Byron Parker (ankle) kept out of practice but should play Friday.
- Lions WR Steven Black will be replaced in starting lineup with Kamau Peterson with Paris Jackson backing him up.
- Bombers LB Clint Kent could return to the lineup in Week 3.
- Bombers WR Greg Carr likely out again this week.
- Stampeders DB Demetice Morley will replace Milt Collins in the secondary in Week 3.
- Alouettes RB Brandon Whitaker is symptom free from concussions and has a good chance of playing Week 3.
- WR SJ Green is showing no sign of trouble after a hit to the head last week and will play this week.
July 12th, 2011
- Hamiton Tigercats WR Arland Bruce not practicing today. Word is he is a little banged up.
- Bombers WR Greg Carr is questionable again for Week 3. Clarence Denmark expected to start again.
July 11th, 2011
- Argonauts RB Cory Boyd will miss 2-3 weeks with a knee injury. Chad Kackert will start in his place.
- Argos LB Kevin Eiben is dealing with a calf injury. Missed practice Monday. Anthony Cannon played in his place.
- LB Jason Pottinger of the Argos is out for the year with a ACL injury that requires surgery.
- Argos CB Sean Smalls injured his arm in practice and did not return. Dee Webb took the reps at CB.
- Stamps WR Ken-Yon Rambo is practicing and should be good to go in Week 3. Landon Talley likely goes back to inactive list.
- LB Malik Jackson has been cleared to return to action after suffering a concussion in Week 1.
- OL Dimitri Tsoumpas looks like he could return for Calgary in Week 2 and make his season debut.
July 9th, 2011
- Alouettes SJ Green left the game after a hit to the head. Has returned to the game.
- Lions DB Stanley Franks out for the season with dislocated knee, torn ligaments, tendons and blood vessels. Could possible be career ending.
- Tigercats scratch DB Jerome Dennis, OL Mark Dewitt, RB Terry Grant and OL Belton Johnson tonight vs Eskimos
- Eskimos other scratches tonight are K Derek Schaivone and DB Hugo Lopez
- Eskimos RB Daniel Porter a scratch for the Eskimos tonight. McCarty and Messam to handle the carries.
- Eskimos WR Ray Fisher out for the Eskimos tonight vs the Ticats
- Alouettes DE John Bowman helped off the field with what looked like a serious injury. Was in some pain. Has returned to the game.
- Alouettes Jamel Richardson left the game with injury. Has returned since.
- scratch K Sandro DeAngelis and RB Emmanuel Marc vs the Riders
- Riders scratch James Patrick vs. Alouettes due to injury. Rookie Craig Butler to start at Safety.
July 8th, 2011
- Lions WR Steven Black and WR Kamau Peterson in the lineup tonight. Black is the teams 5th receiver
- Lions scratch WR Paris Jackson, WR Marco Iannuzzi, LB Joe Henderson and DB Hamid Mamoudi tonight vs Stamps
- Bombers WR Terrence Edwards has left the game early for 2nd consecutive week due to injury. Has returned to the game.
- RB Brandon West to make his debut for the Riders in place of Hugh Charles on Saturday
- Johnnie Dixon, Tony Washington and Demetrice Morley the other Stamps scratches vs Lions
- As expected, WR Ken-Yon Rambo not dressed for the Stampeders tonight
- Argos RB Chad Kackert and WR DJ Boldin scratched tonight for the Argonauts
- Bombers WR Clarence Denmark expected to start for Carr. WR Alex Watson likely won’t dress.
- Bombers QB Steven Jyles could begin practicing next week as shoulder injury is getting better.
- Argos LB Jason Pottinger is out. E.J. Kuale and Tristan Black to share duties in the middle.
- Bombers WR Greg Carr out tonight vs. the Argonauts
- Riders DB James Patrick questionable against the Alouettes this week.
- Riders RB Hugh Charles out this week vs. Alouettes.
- Bombers WR Terrence Edwards should go against the Argos. WR Greg Carr doubtful.
July 6th, 2011
- Eskimos RB Arkee Whitlock questionable for Saturday with a hamstring injury.
- Stampeders WR Nik Lewis left practice today early. Coaches say he was resting.
- Stampeders WR Ken-Yon Rambo won’t travel to BC. Landan Talley will take his place in week two.
- Stampeders LB Malik Jackson also ruled out for this weeks game against BC with a concussion.
- Riders LB Jerrell Freeman, DB Tad Kornegay, DB Chris McKenzie all will return to starting lineup this week.
- Lions WR Steven Black practicing with first team and could be in starting lineup this weekend.
- Lions WR Nick Moore likely out with a shoulder injury.
- Riders RB Hugh Charles not practicing with a pulled hamstring injury.
- Bombers sign WR Alex Watson to replace the injured Kito Poblah.
July 4th, 2011
- Riders WR Ernie Wheelwright on crutches after the game. Jason Clermont and Jordan Sisco next up for the Riders.
- Stampeders have signed K Rene Paredes to replace the injured Rob Maver.
- Stampeders WR Ken-Yon Rambo day to day with hamstring injury. Says he will be able to go on Friday. Landon Talley taking his practice reps.
- Stampeders LB Malik Jackson is day to day with a concussion.
- Argonauts LB Jason Pottinger is out for week 2 with a knee injury. Tristan Black to take his place in lineup.
- Bombers WR Terrence Edwards did not practice today with arm injury. Is expected to play in week 2.
- Bombers WR Greg Carr and DE Odell Willis not practicing but should be able to go in Week 2.
- Bombers WR Kito Poblah may have torn knee ligaments. Definately out for Week 2
- Tigercats say QB Kevin Glenn will be the teams Week 2 starter.
July 3rd, 2011
- Riders WR Ernie Wheelwright helped off the field for the Riders Out for night with knee injury. No word on severity yet.
- Eskimos K Derek Schiavone and WR Chris Bauman scratched from lineup vs. Riders
July 2nd, 2011
- Stampeders WR Ken-Yon Rambo is dealing with a hamstring injury after last nights game.
- Eskimos RB Calvin McCarty looks to be first in line for carries. Daniel Porter will also get touches Sunday.
- Stamps K Rob Maver has a quad injury. Stamps looking for replacement kicker.
- Stamps LB Malik Jackson dealing with a concussion.
- Argos QB Cleo Lemon threw for 187 yards with a TD and an interception.
- Argos RB Cory Boyd ran for 100 yards and a TD.
- Argos WR Brandon Rideau had 3 catches for 37 yards and 1 TD.
- Argos WR Chad Owens caught 3 passes for 39 yards.
- Argos WR Andre Durie led with 4 catches for 59 yards.
- Stamps QB Henry Burris passed for 293 yards and one interception vs the Argonauts.
- Stamps RB Joffrey Reynolds ran for 57 yards on 12 carries and a TD. Jon Cornish carried twice for no yards.
- Ken-Yon Rambo led all Stamps receivers with 7 catches for 64 yards.
- Stamps Romby Bryant had 4 catches for 88 yards, while Nik Lewis had 5 receptions for 44 yards.
July 1st, 2011
- Stamps LB Juwan Simpson and Malik Jackson out. Jackson will not return. Simpson has returned.
- Tigercats QB Kevin Glenn replaced by Quinton Porter in 4th quarter. No word on starter in week 2 yet.
- Argonauts WR Chad Owens injured and helped off the field vs Stamps. Will not return to game.
- Tigercats WR Aaron Kelly out with a head injury.
- Argonauts backup RB Chad Kackert not dressed tonight vs Stampeders
- Ticats WR Dave Stala helped off the field with injury. No word yet on how serious. Update: Stala has returned to the field.
- Bombers WR Terrence Edwards left game vs Ticats with arm injury. Return is questionable
- Stampeders WR Landan Talley a healthy scratch, as expected, tonight vs the Argos
- Bombers rooke WR Kito Poblah was helped off the field and won’t return to the game.
- Tigercats scratch RB Terry Grant and WR Chris Williams for todays game vs. Bombers
- Blue Bombers WRs Jade Etienne and Clarence Denmark are not in the lineup tonight vs Tigercats
- Alouettes DB Jerald Brown suffered a fractured ankle will miss the rest of the season.
- Roughriders WR Cary Koch broke a thumb in practice and is out 3 to 6 weeks.
- Alouettes QB Anthony Calvillo threw for 312 yards and 3 TDs vs. Lions
- Alouettes RB Brandon Whitaker carried the ball 17 times for 119 yards
- WR Jamel Richardson justified his fantasy football ranking with 9 catches for 162 yards and 2 TDs
- WR SJ Green finished with 6 catches for 88 yards and 1 TD
- K Sean Whyte made 3 of 4 field goals vs Lions
- Lions QB Travis Lulay passed for 366 yards and 1 TD in the season opener
- RB Jamal Robertson only had one carry for 12 yards for the Lions
- WR Geroy Simon had 5 receptions for 115 yards vs Alouettes
- Rookie WR Dobson Collins caught 3 balls for 85 yards including a 49 yarder
- WR Akeem Foster had the Lions lone TD off 3 catches for 32 yards
- K Paul McCallum kicked 4 field goals. He also missed one.
- Eskimos Damon Duval to handle kicking duties Sunday vs Roughriders
- Eskimos WR Chris Bauman dealing with groin injury and has not been added to active roster as of yet.
- Calvin McCarty and Daniel Porter will share carries for the Eskimos on Sunday in Regina.
- Sean Whyte to handle kicks for the Alouettes. Sandro DeAngelis is not dressed.
- Lions WR Paris Jackson is playing. Steven Black and Kamau Peterson are out.
- RB Emmanuel Marc is not dressed for the Alouettes tonight. Brandon Whitaker is a great start.
- Alouettes DB Jerald Brown injured in 1st quarter. Carted off field with a fractured ankle